Learn the Bible, incur a more strict judgement?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
militarynewb
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Learn the Bible, incur a more strict judgement?

Post by militarynewb »

It seems to me, that the more I learn of the Bible, and the more I understand the will of God, the stricter my Judgement will be when I die. Because God is more strict on those with knowledge of the Bible than those who know less. I feel like the more I learn about God and the bible and His word, the more he will condemn and Judge me for the Sins I commit in my life., now that I have turned my life to Christ and become a Christian. So where am I getting all this? "Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgment. (James 3:1)"
Input?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Learn the Bible, incur a more strict judgement?

Post by 1over137 »

From Luke 12:48 ESV
48 But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

I feel like that when we receive some gift from God why not to use that gift? Why should one be like an ostrich and put his head in sand? Would not that be a waste of gift?

Teachers are to teach God's word. Word about God. True word about God. If they twist it...

Pray for wisdom, pray for discernment, tell God about your worries.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

God understands us better than we do ourselves. Even if we are afraid of strictness we still trust God.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

militarynewb wrote:It seems to me, that the more I learn of the Bible, and the more I understand the will of God, the stricter my Judgement will be when I die. Because God is more strict on those with knowledge of the Bible than those who know less. I feel like the more I learn about God and the bible and His word, the more he will condemn and Judge me for the Sins I commit in my life., now that I have turned my life to Christ and become a Christian. So where am I getting all this? "Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgment. (James 3:1)"
Input?
This verse you cite is for folks like myself, who go out and teach the gospel messages. We are held to a stricter judgement, not the ordinary Christian living their daily lives. Please notice the phrase - Let not many of you become teachers - is in reference to pastors, evangelist, biblical teachers, etc... not the lay person. As you watch Cable Christian TV you will understand that not many of these folks take this injunction seriously.

Folks like myself who go and teach people, beginning ministries and churches, are held to a stricter standard. WE have to be. In fact, I keep this verse from James before me before I go anywhere and teach, and even hear when sharing biblical truths...

So, if you are not in the teaching league Militarynewb - then relax. If you are called to this by God, keep the verse before you...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys