Is it possible to get to heaven without help from the Son ?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Is it possible to get to heaven without help from the Son ?

Post by LittleHamster »

I would probably say 'not a chance'. But are there, or have there been any exceptions ? After all, we got ourselves into this mess. Is it possible to get ourselves out ?
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is it possible to get to heaven without help from the So

Post by Silvertusk »

LittleHamster wrote:I would probably say 'not a chance'. But are there, or have there been any exceptions ? After all, we got ourselves into this mess. Is it possible to get ourselves out ?

Quite simply - no.

It takes a God to save us.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Moses and Elijah comes to mind. Did they know about the God-the-Son and got his help.

Sorry, I'm not much of an expert on the old testament stuff.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

LittleHamster wrote:Moses and Elijah comes to mind. Did they know about the God-the-Son and got his help.

Sorry, I'm not much of an expert on the old testament stuff.

They were still saved by the blood of Jesus. His blood saves us past, present and future. Moses and Elijah were justified by their faith - but they were still saved by Jesus atoning sacrifice on the cross.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

They were still saved by the blood of Jesus. His blood saves us past, present and future. Moses and Elijah were justified by their faith - but they were still saved by Jesus atoning sacrifice on the cross.
Not to mention that the God Moses and Elijah had faith in was the very same God Who Christ is part of. So if one has faith in the one, true God, then they automatically also had faith in ALL God is - which necessarily includes Jesus and His Spirit. But before Jesus became a man, God had not yet fully revealed to Moses and Elijah the more fuller understanding of ALL that He is that we have today. This is why, to reject either the Father, Son or Holy Spirit is to also reject God - as these ALL make up God. And, according to Romans, one does not need to fully understand Jesus or the Trinity to reject God - as they can reject Him by only rejected what has already been revealed to them - His existence, benevolance, love and glory. Further rejection of Jesus would only be a redundancy, as they would have ALREADY rejected Him, as He is part of God - the very God they at least know some basic revelations about.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The spirit always goes to Heaven, it returns to the God.
I think you mean is is possible to be saved without help from Christ and the answer is 100% NO.
Salvation and redemption are IN HIM and no one else, in no other thing.