Here we go again.....

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Here we go again.....

Post by Silvertusk »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... lider.html

More sensationalism - or them trying to justify the colossal amount of money being spent on the accelerator.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Here we go again.....

Post by RickD »

Hana,

You're the physics genius. What say you?

y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

that article wrote:The particle accelerator, which will be restarted this week, has already found the Higgs boson – the God Particle – which is thought to give mass to other particles.
Now scientists at Cern in Switzerland believe they might find miniature black holes which would reveal the existence of a parallel universe.
One may have impression that the situation with mini black holes is similar to the situation with Higgs boson.
In my opinion it is not. Higgs particle was something like a last puzzle into the Stadard Model theory of particles - theory that was so profoundly tested, whereas theories with extra dimensions are speculative (cern.ch website used the word "specualtive") and scientists still wait for result that would add some weight to these theories.

My two cents.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

(Rick, don't call me a genius :twisted: )
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Silvertusk wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... lider.html

More sensationalism - or them trying to justify the colossal amount of money being spent on the accelerator.
That we can look into higher and higher energies is to me an enough reason to spend money on LHC.
(Besides, you never know what useful side products such an exploration might have. The history proves it.)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

1over137 wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... lider.html

That we can look into higher and higher energies is to me an enough reason to spend money on LHC.
(Besides, you never know what useful side products such an exploration might have. The history proves it.)
Basic research. Doesnt always pay, but it pays off more often in more unexpected ways than people complaining about it
seem to realize.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

It our our fault as Christians for pointing out the universe had a beginning and pointing out the bible always said that ,certain scientists don't like it and so they are trying to get rid of it.What they don't realize is we've already got this new stuff they are coming up with covered already as well.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Mazzy
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Mazzy »

I thought the link in the OP was interesting. I reckon any claims about 'proving' big bang did or did not occur or alternate universes existing or not is a bit of a hoot indeed. Even the Higgs Boson is 'thought' to give matter its' mass. I don't think anyone will be 'proving' anything about universal formation any time soon. Rather what researchers will do is add support to an alternate theory or current theories by their interpretation of data.

The concept of 'Heaven' is akin to an alternative reality. The concept of 'time' having no start date supports the notion of "In the beginning God......". :ebiggrin: