Ran my first ever 5k

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Ran my first ever 5k

Post by RickD »

My wife has been running for the last year or so, and she runs 5k's.

Last night, she asked me to pick up her race packet for her. When I got there, I asked if I could still sign up. I thought I'd give it a try.

My plan was to see if I could stay with my wife for the first 2 miles, then see how I felt at that point, to see what I'd do for the last mile. I really had no idea how I would do, because I didn't train for the race. I've been jogging once in the last 6 months. My first goal was to just finish the race. And my second goal, was to finish under 30 minutes.

My "official" time was 25:41. I'm happy with that time for my first 5k. My wife was pissed though. She runs, and I don't. And I beat her by 6 minutes.

I couldn't let my wife beat me in a race! I'd be so ashamed!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Ran my first ever 5k

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:My "official" time was 25:41. I'm happy with that time for my first 5k. My wife was pissed though. She runs, and I don't. And I beat her by 6 minutes.
Why wasn't your wife at home in the kitchen making sandwiches? You have to keep her on a shorter leash.

Eskimo Joe
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:My "official" time was 25:41. I'm happy with that time for my first 5k. My wife was pissed though. She runs, and I don't. And I beat her by 6 minutes.
Why wasn't your wife at home in the kitchen making sandwiches? You have to keep her on a shorter leash.

Eskimo Joe
I let her out to run, so she can be in shape for the womanly things she needs to do. Like making sammiches, and cleaning.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:I let her out to run, so she can be in shape for the womanly things she needs to do. Like making sammiches, and cleaning.
Oh...OK, then. I hope you didn't let her run in a skimpy outfit for all the infidels to gawk at her. She was wearing a burqa, right?

Anonymous
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote:I let her out to run, so she can be in shape for the womanly things she needs to do. Like making sammiches, and cleaning.
Oh...OK, then. I hope you didn't let her run in a skimpy outfit for all the infidels to gawk at her. She was wearing a burqa, right?

Anonymous
Burqa? No. She was running in a Halloween costume. She was dressed as Chewbacca from Star Wars. That way, her hairy legs, and hairy armpits, blend right in with the costume.

But when she trains, and I tie her to a chain that's tied to the back of my truck, she has to wear a burqa.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:

Eskimo Joe
I let her out to run, so she can be in shape for the womanly things she needs to do. Like making sammiches, and cleaning.
Some guys will go to any lengths to lose their wife :shakehead:
Hope you took pics, Rick....

So we can verify it wasnt just a fun run around the park chasing after someone's uneaten sammich while taking the dog for a walk :mrgreen:
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:But when [my woman] trains, and I tie her to a chain that's tied to the back of my truck, she has to wear a burqa.
OK...for a moment, I was worried that you were losing control of your woman. I like your truck idea but I don't have a truck here. To control my woman, I just hide her shoes so she can't leave the house. There's nothing but rocks and snow here so my system works well.

Carry on. And congratulations on your first 5 km rum run.

Eskimo Joe

+ + +

+ + +