Have you ever seen an angel?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Have you ever seen an angel?

Post by Mallz »

?
IceMobster
Christian: No

Re: Have you ever seen an angel?

Post by IceMobster »

No, but Joseph Smith did. :swoot:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Many times. In fact, I'm sure Mel is around here somewhere right now
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

No. But I've seen Touched by an Angel. Does that count?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Any non-human messengers?
:brick: Please... No... :brick: :brick: :brick:
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

Mallz wrote:
:brick: Please... No... :brick: :brick: :brick:
There was a New Zealand movie called An Angel at my Table, then this NZ-Chinese comedian did a show called An Asian at my Table. He'd decided against calling it Touched by an Asian.

Sorry - no, I don't think I've ever seen an angel.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

Mallz wrote:
I'll give a straight answer now: nope! Haven't had any supernatural experiences that I can recall. I think they are possible, but not without an all-important reason behind them, such as fulfilling prophecy. I highly doubt I'm important enough to bear witness to such an event.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

I hung out with a sister and her friend a while back, visiting them in Seattle. We went out to the river front on the boardwalk and rode on the Ferris Wheel at night. We got off and decided to walk further down the board walk to where it was dark to better see the stars and cityscape from the other side. As we were walking along the sidewalk to get there a raggedy old man a good foot and a half taller than me pushing a metal cart came up to our side asking for cash. I told him I didn't have any cash and we kept walking. The two girls on my left side toward the street. He followed asking again and we kept walking, cars passing by. I heard him following us still and the girls were chatting enjoying the night oblivious to what was happening beyond the first encounter.

I heard him yelling at us catching up with his cart as we kept going, they still unaware. I asked for His help. Started talking to Him. Not knowing what to do. Should I give in or fight to what might about to happen? I don't want to fight. I don't want to further bring someone down who is at apparently their wits end. I asked for His help, waiting for Him as we kept walking. The man came up beside me and pushed his cart around in front of me, him behind it. As that happened, a biker rode up on the street to the left of the girls got their attention and was asking them questions. He was an older man, white beard and hair. I briefly turned away from the 'beggar', both girls backs to me, the man not even looking my way, to hear his questions. The 'beggar' immediately got my attention with a yell demanding that I hand over my money. My hands are in the pockets of my leather jacket as I look him in the eyes. Adrenaline rushing, the moment is here. I don't know what the right path is. I ask Him what to do. The 'beggar' sees I'm not responding and pulls a knife out of his pocket and tell me I need to come with him to a liquor store and buy him two fifths of whiskey. I tell him I'm not going anywhere with him.

He was tall but skinny. Obviously living a life of addiction. I didn't want to hurt him. He had a knife, didn't even know if I could or if I should. I felt a power behind me. He got angry and threw his cart that was about 5 feet from me towards me. It curved in front of me and went into the street. A car swerved and others stopped. He had a scared look in his eyes and ran off into the dark. I turned around and the man on the bicycle rode off and the two girls turned around toward me and I directed them across the street; we were at a crosswalk.

I asked them after I rushed them across what the biker was wanting to know. They told me he was asking directions for I-5 which was obviously view able and roaring with busy passing traffic a block east of us, from the main water front street. Some could pass this by as coincidence. But there can only be so many coincidences...
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I believe I have seen an angel but I can't prove it was an angel.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Angels? . . . hmmm, it would be very scary to see an Angel yet wonderfully exciting and such.
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

Mallz wrote:.
So? You think the biker was angel? Not necessarily, but Providence was certainly with you. I mean, there is a possibility for that many coincidences but I doubt it, as well.
Vergil wrote:Angels? . . . hmmm, it would be very scary to see an Angel yet wonderfully exciting and such.
Hmmm. I guess I'd rather not see any. You couldn't be sure what is the angel's intention ( 1 John 4:1 ). Unless you think angels do not have free will and are under direct will of God.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Yes, and we must be Vigilant my brothers and sisters, Angels are both messengers of Life and Warriors of God
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

And don't forget the part about those fallen ones too.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Any person/being that does not preach love is not from God.
A divine being of God ( what we generalize with the term "angel") will not preach anything against the Word of God or anything contrary to God's love.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Yes, when my Dad passed away...

I was watching him take his last breath, and there was an angelic being wearing a bluish robe, golden sash, whose face extend to heaven. He reached down, too my dad and raised his spiritual being up. My Dad looked around 30 years old and perfect. The angel appeared to be speaking to my father, but I could not hear what was being said, it seemed like he was helping my dad regain his memory that alzheimer's erased and then boom they both went strait up and were gone...

It happened so fast That I could not react fast enough to what I was seeing. I know where my dad is and this brought peace to both myself and my mother.

So yes, they can appear, however God wills them too.

have a nice day...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys