So it begins

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

So it begins

Post by B. W. »

So it begins...

FEC war: Dems reject call to protect Internet news, talk radio from regs

Internet Transfer happened Oct 1, 2016 and along with the above article we can see the hand writing on the wall...

Obama-UN Internet Surrender: Last Paragraph quotes below

...Szoka then summarizes five of the open legal concerns that must be addressed by the courts and Congress:

1. The U.S. government has long exercised exclusive control over who may edit the Root Zone File that ties together the Internet, and that abandoning this government property right requires Congressional authorization;

2. Absent a firm guarantee that ICANN will protect free speech, converting what has been a public forum into a private one would violate the First Amendment;

3. NTIA violated administrative law by failing to build an adequate record and respond to public comment on the matter;

4. NTIA lacks statutory authority to cede responsibility over the Domain Name System; and

5. By failing to secure U.S. ownership of .GOV, NTIA is tortiously interfering with the contracts that states hold for their .GOV domain names.

As that famous philosopher (and sometime baseball legend) Yogi Berra sagely remarked, “It ain’t over ’til it’s over.” And the battle for control over the Internet is far from over. Despite a huge public outcry, Congress avoided its duty and ducked out of this fray 48 hours before Obama’s ICANN transfer was set to take place. That outcry must continue — and grow — and Congress must be put on notice that this fraudulent transfer is unconstitutional and unacceptable. It can be, and must be, reversed....

Quoted from

Obama-UN Internet Surrender: It Ain’t Over ’til It’s Over
Written by William F. Jasper
Wednesday, 05 October 2016

Question:

How long will sites like this one or CARM, or other Christian sites be allowed on the net?

Do you think the bible will be banned?

So it begins...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: So it begins

Post by PaulSacramento »

Not to say I told you so...
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

All I can say is that I hope you're wrong, BW....

....but remember: we win in the end. :esmile:
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Christianity is the world's largest religion and most of the world's wealthiest, strongest nations are predominantly Christian, so yes, it stands to reason that soon Christianity will be eliminated from the Internet and the Bible will be banned. That's just logic.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Christianity is the world's largest religion and most of the world's wealthiest, strongest nations are predominantly Christian, so yes, it stands to reason that soon Christianity will be eliminated from the Internet and the Bible will be banned. That's just logic.
Edward,

Do you have a link where you got info that the world's wealthiest, strongest nations, are predominantly Christian?

I just don't see that.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Here's by GDP. I believe that 14 of the top 20 have Christian majorities.

Here they are ranked by military strength. Looks like 6 of the top 10 are majority Christian, including 3 of the top 5.

If I remember right, about half of the countries in the world have Christian majorities.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

edwardmurphy wrote:Christianity is the world's largest religion and most of the world's wealthiest, strongest nations are predominantly Christian, so yes, it stands to reason that soon Christianity will be eliminated from the Internet and the Bible will be banned. That's just logic.
Valid point, yet:
One must believe in Christ t be a Christian, to believe in Christ to be a Christian preacher, yes?
Yet:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... in-canada/

Logic...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Here's by GDP. I believe that 14 of the top 20 have Christian majorities.

Here they are ranked by military strength. Looks like 6 of the top 10 are majority Christian, including 3 of the top 5.

If I remember right, about half of the countries in the world have Christian majorities.
And where's the info about them being majority Christian?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Edward: it stands to reason that soon Christianity will be eliminated from the Internet and the Bible will be banned. That's just logic.
Well, it's simple logic that many with an anti-Christian agenda, given enough power and ability to shut down Christian content, would most certainly do so. After all, Christian views and speech are two of the most threatening things facing the world today, right???!!!
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote:And where's the info about them being majority Christian?
Are you being serious? The US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Brazil, Canada, Russia, Australia, Spain, Mexico, the Netherlands, and Switzerland have all had Christian majorities for as long as they've existed (apart from Russia's relatively brief experiment with communism). Asking me to prove that is like asking for evidence that water is wet. I can prove it, but I'm assuming some prior knowledge on your part. The 14th country is South Korea. Their biggest category is actually "Meh, whatever" but Christianity is 2nd.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Really, perhaps we can't expect a non-Christian to understand who is/isn't a Christian on our terms. In a way, it is similar to Muslims -- we brand them all Muslim -- and there is truth to such even if some Muslims do not see others as truly Muslim.

What is better, I think, is the a test like what PaulS put forward. Not simply those who claim to be Christian, but rather possess hallmarks of what we'd deem Christian i.e., claim belief in Christ, believe he died and physically rose again, that all have sinned and fall short of God, that we need forgiveness and to be redeemed by another in order to avoid God's wrath, perhaps Trinitarian and the like -- though ultimately it is one's belief in Christ.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. How is the UN going to make the internet better? Silly question I know because it can't.

Globalist ideals in action. Everything this prez has touched has turned into a mess, this unnecessary internet surrender will be no different.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.