WOW - unreal - the Pope said WHAT???!!!

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

WOW - unreal - the Pope said WHAT???!!!

Post by Philip »

DOES one's chosen pathway to God REALLY matter? Are they all the same, leading to the same God, the same afterlife?

Incredible as it may seem to some, the Pope is now saying that the way to salvation is NOT exclusively through Jesus alone - but that other religions are pathways to the SAME God. And this claim ignores that the various religions ALL contradict the clear teachings of Christianity, for 2,000 years, having always taught, as prolifically does the Bible, that ONLY through faith and submittance to Jesus is ANYONE saved!

"Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14: 5-7 ESV)

But what the Pope recently said about how one gets to God and Heaven directly contradicts the verse above / see video: What the Pope says about there being MULTIPLE pathways to God and Heaven:

If God IS TRUTH, then the ways various religions' claims about how to merit their view of Heaven, should be consistent - and certainly not blatantly CONTRADICTORY. Christianity teaches Jesus is God and the only way to Heaven - but ALL other religions deny this or ADD to this, insisting upon some manner of Jesus PLUS whatever works and good deeds is necessary to enter Heaven. But common sense tells us they can't ALL be true - and the Bible teaches something ENTIRELY different about the way - the ONLY way to God and Heaven: Through faith in Jesus!

ALL religions can NOT be optional pathways to God! What do various major religions say about Jesus?