Newsweek Article On Jesus Christ

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Newsweek Article On Jesus Christ

Post by Believer »

Hey people, found this article about Jesus Christ, thought you might be interested - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7244999/site/newsweek/ - from I highly respected magazine it is mostly positive. Please feel free to discuss.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

rubbish. it was insinuating that Jesus was mere man. people will forever run from having to take responsibility. accepting Jesus would hurt so many people's pride.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

I thought the article was pretty good, but...

I'm not sure what the writers purpose was. I can't see any central message, other than an implied unresolved question whether current theology reflects the beliefs of the apostles. If the writer bothered to do some research, the positive answer is readily available.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com