Can Angels create?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Anonymous

Can Angels create?

Post by Anonymous »

I also read this which deals with God's name and manifestation:

YAHWEH ELOHIM
meaning
HE WHO WILL BE REVEALED IN A GROUP OF MIGHTY ONES.

We are told in Exodus 23:20,21 that God told the people of Israel that an Angel would go ahead of them; "My Name is in Him", they were told. The personal name of God is 'Yahweh'. So the Angel carried the name of Yahweh, and could thus be called 'Yahweh', or 'The LORD', in small capitals, as the word 'Yahweh' is translated in the N.I.V. and A.V.

It is therefore God's purpose to reveal His character and His essential being in a large group of people. By obedience to His word we can develop some of God's characteristics in ourselves now, so that in a very limited sense God is revealing Himself in the true believers in this life. But God's Name is a prophecy of the time to come when the earth will be filled with people who are like Him, both in character and by nature (cp. 2 Pet.1:4). If we wish to be associated with the purpose of God and to become like God to die no more, living for ever in complete moral perfection, then we must associate ourselves with His Name. The way to do this is to be baptized into the Name - i.e. Yahweh Elohim (Matt.28:19). This also makes us the descendants ("seed") of Abraham (Gal.3:27-29) who were promised the eternal inheritance of the earth (Gen.17:8; Rom.4:13) - the group of 'mighty ones' ('Elohim') in whom the prophecy of God's Name will be fulfilled.

"Hebrew words translated 'God' is 'Elohim', which really means 'mighty ones'; these 'mighty ones' who carry God's Name can effectively be called 'God' because of their close association with Him. These beings are the Angels."

"Man was created on that same sixth day. "God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" (Gen.1:26). We commented on this verse in Study 1.2. For the present, we want to note that "God" here is not just referring to God Himself in person - "Let us make man" shows that 'God' is referring to more than one person. The Hebrew word translated 'God' here is 'Elohim', meaning 'Mighty Ones', with reference to the Angels. The fact that the Angels created us in their image means that they have the same bodily appearance as we have. They are therefore very real, tangible, corporeal beings, sharing the same nature as God."

I'm wondering if there's any truth to what is being said, and if one could logically assume God gave angels power to create. Some also take this labeling of Angels as God to show that although Jesus was called God, in reality he wasn't.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

It seems illogical that that which had to be created can create.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:It seems illogical that that which had to be created can create.
How so?
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Because I said so of course. Ink doesn't make ink, water doesn't make water, matter doesn't make matter. As for why angels can't create? Why would God give them that ability-God is omniscence, so He wouldn't have to send an angel to go make something, He's already there. My point for why angels can't create is admittedly weaker than the former argument for why matter (people) can't. Hope to here from ya'll soon! :wink:

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

You're right, your argument is weak sauce duuuuuuuuuuuude.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think you guys are missing the point of the post. If the word Elohim means "mighty one's" and its used in Genesis, and since Angels can bear God's name, then is it logical to dictate Angels as the 'Us' in Genesis.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

vvart wrote:I think you guys are missing the point of the post. If the word Elohim means "mighty one's" and its used in Genesis, and since Angels can bear God's name, then is it logical to dictate Angels as the 'Us' in Genesis.
I'm fairly certain that it says God made the entire world somewhere other than Genesis...
Poetic_Soul
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Poetic_Soul »

Angels can't create. No where in the bible does it say they can. They are messengers and a guide for God.
Battlehelmet
Recognized Member

Re: Can Angels create?

Post by Battlehelmet »

vvart wrote:I also read this which deals with God's name and manifestation:

YAHWEH ELOHIM
meaning
HE WHO WILL BE REVEALED IN A GROUP OF MIGHTY ONES.

We are told in Exodus 23:20,21 that God told the people of Israel that an Angel would go ahead of them; "My Name is in Him", they were told. The personal name of God is 'Yahweh'. So the Angel carried the name of Yahweh, and could thus be called 'Yahweh', or 'The LORD', in small capitals, as the word 'Yahweh' is translated in the N.I.V. and A.V.

It is therefore God's purpose to reveal His character and His essential being in a large group of people. By obedience to His word we can develop some of God's characteristics in ourselves now, so that in a very limited sense God is revealing Himself in the true believers in this life. But God's Name is a prophecy of the time to come when the earth will be filled with people who are like Him, both in character and by nature (cp. 2 Pet.1:4). If we wish to be associated with the purpose of God and to become like God to die no more, living for ever in complete moral perfection, then we must associate ourselves with His Name. The way to do this is to be baptized into the Name - i.e. Yahweh Elohim (Matt.28:19). This also makes us the descendants ("seed") of Abraham (Gal.3:27-29) who were promised the eternal inheritance of the earth (Gen.17:8; Rom.4:13) - the group of 'mighty ones' ('Elohim') in whom the prophecy of God's Name will be fulfilled.

"Hebrew words translated 'God' is 'Elohim', which really means 'mighty ones'; these 'mighty ones' who carry God's Name can effectively be called 'God' because of their close association with Him. These beings are the Angels."

"Man was created on that same sixth day. "God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" (Gen.1:26). We commented on this verse in Study 1.2. For the present, we want to note that "God" here is not just referring to God Himself in person - "Let us make man" shows that 'God' is referring to more than one person. The Hebrew word translated 'God' here is 'Elohim', meaning 'Mighty Ones', with reference to the Angels. The fact that the Angels created us in their image means that they have the same bodily appearance as we have. They are therefore very real, tangible, corporeal beings, sharing the same nature as God."

I'm wondering if there's any truth to what is being said, and if one could logically assume God gave angels power to create. Some also take this labeling of Angels as God to show that although Jesus was called God, in reality he wasn't.
Hello... My general answer is no but angels are protectors and comforters...

I am glad I found this forum. Nice to meet you, I made a formal intro in the creationist thread.......
Battlehelmet
Recognized Member

Post by Battlehelmet »

Mastermind wrote:You're right, your argument is weak sauce duuuuuuuuuuuude.

Are you a skeptic?

Hmmm..I love Skeptics who skepticize the Bible..

Is there a thread for skepticism I assume?

My arguments are strong and straight to point.........

Noted.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Yea, based on my sig and using this high level of intelligence of yours that allows you to make strong and to the point arguments, it was only logical that you should conclude that I am a "skeptic".

-____________-
Battlehelmet
Recognized Member

Post by Battlehelmet »

Well nice to meet you Mr.Mastermind.

What are ye skeptical of?

An Inquiring and individual mind wants to know.:cool:
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Battlehelmet wrote:Well nice to meet you Mr.Mastermind.

What are ye skeptical of?

An Inquiring and individual mind wants to know.:cool:
Everything

If someone, or something, carries someone's name, it doesn't mean they have his abilities, powers, etc. It means they are working for that person in a sense. If you say you come in the name of the Lord, you're coming to do His will.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I am skeptical of your ability to detect sarcasm, for starters...
voicingmaster
Established Member

Post by voicingmaster »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Because I said so of course. Ink doesn't make ink, water doesn't make water, matter doesn't make matter. As for why angels can't create? Why would God give them that ability-God is omniscence, so He wouldn't have to send an angel to go make something, He's already there. My point for why angels can't create is admittedly weaker than the former argument for why matter (people) can't. Hope to here from ya'll soon! :wink:
Humans create other humans, animals create other animals....