TalkReason may need to examine their reasoning!

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
jerickson314
Established Member
Christian: No

TalkReason may need to examine their reasoning!

Post by jerickson314 »

I saw an argument against Christianity on TalkReason.org that was so rediculous I had to post it here:
Theists maintain that God cannot intervene to stop the atrocities done by human beings because he values their free will to a very high degree. I presented here a new criticism of this idea: if God were to value our free will that much, he wouldn't create us so that we would be forced to abandon it for that long part of our lives in which we sleep, when he could find ways of making us, without any loses, without having to sleep.
-from http://www.talkreason.org/articles/FWD.cfm

It's downright silly what some atheists are claiming!

You can tell just how "objective" they're being when they say:
TalkReason provides a forum for the publication of papers with well-thought out arguments against creationism, intelligent design, and religious apologetics.

Papers whose goal is to promote creationism, Intelligent Design, irreducible complexity, the compatibility of the Bible with science, and religious apologetics, exegesis or papers arguing against established scientific theories such as the evolution theory will not be accepted.
-from http://www.talkreason.org/AboutUs.cfm
Last edited by jerickson314 on Wed May 11, 2005 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Oh, there are some stupid arguments out there. I picked up this one library book about evolution and creationism, and the guy had three big arguments against creationism, and the first one was the stupidity of this argument I've never heard of, which says that because science gives no ethics, it is wrong...and that's one of his main attacks against creationism! He finds some stupid argument, claims all creationists believe it, and goes ahead and refutes it, quite easily.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous